FastRunner Source Code
Before downloading the software below, please send an email to email@example.com with your name, organization, and how you heard about the FastRunner. We would like to know who is interested in the simulations, and get feedback on the site to make it easier for others to get the simulations running.
- OS: Windows or Linux. Mac is currently not supported.
- Architecture: x86 or x64.
- At least 1024 MB RAM.
- Sun/Oracle JDK 1.5 or higher (OpenJDK won't work!). A setup guide can be found here.
There are two ways to get started: using an Ant build script or by importing the code as an Eclipse project. Setup instructions for both options are provided below. For both ways, you will need the latest FastRunner source code for your OS and architecture:
Note: the 32 bit Linux version does not support exporting movies. Exporting movies on 64 bit Linux has only been tested on Debian Squeeze.
Ant build script
- Obtain a recent version of Apache Ant.
- Unzip the zip file. The folder to which the contents of the zip file are extracted will be referred to as FASTRUNNER_ROOT
- Open a command prompt and navigate to FASTRUNNER_ROOT
- Type ant run
This should start the simulation environment (Simulation Construction Set). In addition to the 'run' target, the ant build script also contains a 'clean' target, which deletes all compiled files, and a 'build' target, which only builds the project without running the simulation. The 'run' target depends on the 'build' target.
The main function can be found in src/us/ihmc/fastRunner/FastRunnerSimulation.java
- Obtain a recent version of Eclipse IDE for Java Developers.
- Start Eclipse and click File > Import
- Under 'General', select 'Existing Projects into Workspace', and click next.
- Choose the option 'Select archive file:', and click 'Browse'. Browse to the zip file you just downloaded and click 'Open'.
- Click 'Finish'.
Your Eclipse project should now be set up and ready to go.
The main function can be found in src/us/ihmc/fastRunner/FastRunnerSimulation.java.
Simulation Construction Set Tutorial
A Simulation Construction Set tutorial is provided to help you get started:
Note that this tutorial is written for a simulation of a different robot (Spring Flamingo), but the GUI features are the same.